Parent Ally Program
Being a Parent Ally is a paid leadership position that provides students with the opportunity to develop a variety of necessary technical and soft skills while enhancing connections with Wolfpack families and the university community.
Interested in becoming a Parent Ally?
We are now accepting applications for the 2022-2023 Parent Ally leadership team. Applications are due by Friday, April 4.
Who is an ideal Parent Ally?
- A positive role model who is actively involved – both in and outside of the classroom
- Comfortable leading group discussions and working closely with parents, staff, students and faculty
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional, confident and articulate
- Outgoing and friendly
What are the qualifications?
- Candidates must be a current NC State student who will be enrolled for the entire academic year
- Eligible students must have accumulated 30+ credits by the beginning of the fall semester subsequent of hiring
- Must be in good academic standing
- Considered an upstanding member of the NC State community who does not have an unresolved student conduct record with the university
What are the time commitments?
- Support all Parents and Families Services sponsored activities, signature events and various partner programs
- Required attendance at the Parent Ally leadership training and retreat held semesterly
- Fulfill a minimum of 2.0 office hours weekly between August-November and January-April (December and May be scheduled based upon availability)
- Regularly scheduled team meetings during the academic year
What are the benefits to being a Parent Ally?
- Small team collaboration
- Enhanced customer service training
- Paid position on campus with flexible hours
- Experience with event planning and implementation
- Strengthening of people skills
- Social media management and blog writing experience
- Opportunities for small and large group presentations – public speaking skills
- Experience working with a diverse audience
- Networking opportunities