Parent Ally Program
Being a Parent Ally is a paid leadership position that provides students with the opportunity to develop a variety of necessary technical and soft skills while enhancing connections with Wolfpack families and the university community.
Interested in becoming a Parent Ally?
Thank you for your interest in working with the Office of Parents and Families Services. The Office of Parents and Families Services is now applications for the 2024-2025 Parent Ally student leadership team. To apply for one of these leadership opportunities, please review the job requirements and fill out the application form. Application Deadline: Sunday, March 31, 2024.
Who is an ideal Parent Ally?
- A positive role model who is actively involved – both in and outside of the classroom
- Comfortable leading group discussions and working closely with parents, staff, students and faculty
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional, confident and articulate
- Outgoing and friendly
What are the qualifications?
- Candidates must be a current NC State students who will be enrolled for the entire 2023-2024 academic year
- Eligible students must have accumulated 30+ credits by the beginning of the fall 2023 semester subsequent to hiring
- Must be in good academic standing
- Considered an upstanding member of the NC State community who does not have an unresolved student conduct record with the university
What are the time commitments?
- Support all Parents and Families Services sponsored activities, signature events and various partner programs
- Required attendance at the Parent Ally leadership training and retreat held semesterly
- Fulfill a minimum of 3.0 (max 12) office hours weekly between August-November and January-April (December and May be scheduled based upon availability)
- Weekly and monthly team meetings during the academic year held virtually
What are the benefits of being a Parent Ally?
- Small team collaboration
- Enhanced customer service training
- Paid position on campus with flexible hours
- Experience with event planning and implementation
- Strengthening of people skills
- Social media management and blog writing experience
- Opportunities for small and large group presentations – public speaking skills
- Experience working with a diverse audience
- Networking opportunities
If your student is interested in learning more or has additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Ask a PA” or call (919) 515.2441.