Family of the Year
NC State parents and families are an unwavering strength and support not only to their students but to the entire Wolfpack community and we want to hear your story.
What is Family of the Year?
The annual Family of the Year contest has become a university tradition during Parents and Families Weekend. This annual contest provides students with the opportunity to honor their parents and family members for their continued dedication and outstanding support of the student’s higher education.
The awarded family will receive
- A $500 gift certificate for Wolfpack Outfitters;
- a semester of free WolfTV for students who live on campus
- an engraved plaque honoring the family;
- complimentary event tickets to all events of their choice during Parents and Families Weekend 2022 AND Spring Fling 2023;
- complimentary hotel accommodations at NC State’s premier property State View for up to two rooms on both Friday and Saturday evenings;
- an all-access pass to the Sept. 24 NC State v. UConn football game with seating in the Chancellor’s Box and on-field recognition experience during the game for the whole family!
2022 Family of the Year Submissions
Tell us what makes your Wolfpack Family our 2022 family of the year.
Send your essay (500 words max.) OR a video highlighting your Wolfpack Family and why they are Family of the Year for you! All videos should be 1-3 mins in length and must be in an MP4 format.
Family of the Year nominations must be submitted by a current NC State student. Submissions are due by Monday, Sept. 5, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST.