Family of the Year 2023
Thank you to all who nominated for the 2023 Family of the Year. The application is now closed.
What is Family of the Year?
The annual Family of the Year contest has become a university tradition during Parents and Families Weekend. This annual contest provides students with the opportunity to honor their parents and family members for their continued dedication and outstanding support of the student’s higher education.
The awarded family will receive
- A $500 gift certificate for Wolfpack Outfitters;
- a semester of free streaming services through Resnet and WolfTV for students who live on campus
- an engraved plaque honoring the family;
- complimentary event tickets to all events of their choice during Parents and Families Weekend 2023 AND Spring Fling 2024;
- complimentary hotel accommodations at NC State’s premier property State View for up to two rooms on both Friday and Saturday evenings;
- an all-access pass to the Sept. 29 NC State v. Louisville football game with seating in the Chancellor’s Box and an on-field recognition experience during the game for the whole family!
How to nominate your family.
All nominations must be submitted by a current NC State student.
Begin by completing this form and include either an essay OR a video telling us why your family is NC State’s Family of the Year.
Essays must be a (500 words max.) and include photos.
Videos should be 1-3 mins in length and must be submitted in an MP4 format.
Nominations have now closed.
Meet our 2022 Family of the Year…
The award-winning nomination was submitted by Reagan Griffin, a second-year student studying Social Work at the College of Humanities and Social Sciences. Read her winning essay here.