Day in the Life: Senior

Students find a place to work and relax at the Talley student center in between classes. Photo by Becky Kirkland.

Hello!

My name is Deeya, and I am one of the lead parent allies here in the office! I am a senior from Charlotte, NC majoring in political science with minors in psychology and statistics. I am excited to give you a glimpse into the everyday life of being a senior!

After breakfast and getting ready in the morning I typically head to the Joyner Visitor Center for work. As I mentioned, I am one of the lead PAs in the office, so you may have seen me around at events and on coffee chats. Most of my classes are in the afternoon so I have the morning to work. After work a few days of the week I head out to give prospective students tours of the university as a university ambassador! This is one of my favorite positions I hold on campus because I get to share my experience with others and walk around campus. 

After my tours, I head to classes then one of my favorite spots on campus, Wellness and Recreation’s Carmichael Gym! A few days of the week I will attend a group fitness class but otherwise, I typically like to use the equipment around the facilities. 

I try to make the time to stay on campus after classes because that’s the best way to meet people and experience campus life. Whether it’s studying in D.H. Hill Library or at a table in Talley Student Union, there are so many good places on campus to get some work done. 

I live off-campus so when I finish up on campus I typically head home for dinner. After dinner, I like to get a little bit more work done then watch a little TV or read a book to wind down. After all that I get ready to start the next day!

As I get ready to graduate in May, I reminisce on my time at NC State. The past four years have had their ups and downs but in the end, all of the resources, experiences and support NC State offers have shaped me into the person I have become today. I will miss NC State but I have no regrets that this was the best choice for me!

• Deeya