A Day in the Life of a Sophomore at NC State

As a college student, every week is filled with things to do and complete. From school assignments to work, and maintaining a social life by attending events on and off campus, there is never a dull moment. I am a second-year student; however, this is my first full year on campus due to COVID-19, so my day in the life is more different (and fun) than last year! 

This semester, my classes are early in the morning, so luckily I have the rest of the day to be productive. After my classes are over, I attend office hours at the Joyner Visitor Center for my role as a Parent Ally with the Office of Parents and Families Services. This is my first year in this position, and I have enjoyed being in the office bonding with other Parent Allies and assisting Pack Parents and Families. 

On other days that I do not have work, I will typically grab lunch and go to D.H. Hill Jr. Library or the Wellness and Recreation Center. Most days, I prefer to complete school work at the gym on the treadmills with a desk and charging station. It is a great way to exercise and do homework at the same time, and I also find that my phone is less of a distraction. 

Some nights I will spend time with my roommates and friends. Recently, we attended the Ice Pack Senior Night hockey game vs. West Virginia University. We also went to CINCH World’s Toughest Rodeo at PNC Arena, which was an exciting new experience for me. There is always something to do in Raleigh, so it is important for students to not overwork themselves and find time to have fun. 

I look forward to seeing what the rest of the semester brings!

• Amber Silver