Favorite Holiday Traditions

My favorite part of the holiday season is spending time with family. It is always great to take some time to slow down and catch up after another busy year. During break, my family has several traditions that always puts us in the holiday spirit. 

One of my favorite holiday traditions is decorating the Christmas tree as a family. As we decorate the tree, we reflect on when and where we got every ornament as each one has a special meaning to our family. Every Christmas eve, my mom hides an ornamental pickle and whoever finds it first on Christmas morning gets to open the first present! While we decorate the tree, we listen to our favorite holiday music which always puts us in the Christmas spirit. 

When the weather is chilly, one of my favorite things to do is settle in with a blanket, cup of hot chocolate and a few favorite Christmas movies. Every year, my family looks forward to watching our favorite holiday classics including Elf, The Polar Express and It’s a Wonderful Life. 

My family waits all year to look at the beautiful holiday lights. It is always so exciting to see our neighborhood transform into a winter wonderland. We listen to our favorite holiday songs and drive around to see large inflatable Santa’s, colorful lights and so much more. 

Holiday traditions are always the most fun when they are done with family and friends. Whether it is decorating the Christmas tree, watching a classic holiday movie or driving around looking at holiday lights, being surrounded by the people that you love makes everything better. No matter what holiday you celebrate, this season is a time to reflect on the past year, give thanks and spend time with loved ones. 

I hope that you and your family have a wonderful and relaxing winter break!

-Jenny