Campus Organizations to Join

There are countless opportunities on campus for students to get involved and participate in our friendly, welcoming community here at NC State. Joining a student organization provides students with soft skills that are crucial for developing as an individual. These organizations allow for the development of leadership skills, stress management and decision-making skills, resulting in your student building a community they feel a part of. Student organization events tend to take place after class hours and aren’t too bounding, allowing students to manage their time and prioritize school. 

There are a variety of clubs and organizations available for students to join to feel a sense of community and belonging. The student organization website, Get Involved, provides resources that allow them to search for events and organizations that are of interest to them.

Additionally, Fraternities and Sororities provide great social and recreational opportunities to keep students engaged on campus. These opportunities include formal dinners, philanthropic events, intramural sports teams and more to develop students into active members of their community. Have your student check out how to get involved with Fraternity and Sorority Life at NC State. 

Throughout my first semester on campus, I stayed active and immersed myself in the community by joining an intramural soccer team. This was a great opportunity to meet new friends. By browsing the Student Leadership and Engagement website, I came across a  Leadership Development Program that allowed me to join other students in developing strengths and learning how to make a positive difference in our community. Utilizing NC State student organization resources has resulted in a community of friends with whom I can connect about shared experiences with and relate to, such as my study abroad experience. There is no limit to the wide range of involvement opportunities on campus, as students will find some that suit personal interests, in addition to ones that are major and career-focused. 

• Neveen Zeitouni